Lextran Employment Opportunities
We are currently looking for the next great employees to work at (Lextran) the Transit Authority of Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government. Lextran is the public transit authority in Fayette County, Kentucky. We provide nearly five million passenger trips each year. We provide great transit service and we help build meaningful careers.
All Lextran positions come with a variety of employee benefits. We offer excellent medical benefits, which include small copays for each doctor visit or prescription. Retirement and 401K plans are available, as well as lfe and disability insurance. Employees and their immediate family get free transportation on Lextran buses and employees are eligible to join the Metro Credit Union.
Lextran also offers an excellent vacation plan, which works on a graduated scale starting from one week of vacation after one year to five weeks of paid vacation after twenty years. Lextran offers an excellent sick leave program and 10 paid holidays per year.
Click Here to get an electronic version of the Employment Application.
When applying for employment with Lextran, you are required to supply the following items:
1. Background Check
2. Driving history
3. Copy of your driver's license
PLEASE NOTE: If you do not live in the state of Kentucky or you have just moved to Kentucky, please provide a background check and driving history from your current or previous home state.
You may request a criminal record report in person by drive-thru window at the Administrative Office of the Courts, 100 Millcreek Park, Frankfort, KY. The office is open Monday through Friday, 8am-4:30pm except on state observed holidays. Cost: $20.00
AOCFastcheck is a new process that will greatly reduce the time required to provide criminal record reports. You can submit requests for criminal record reports and receive and email notification when the results are available.
This website allows anyone to request Driving History Records for Kentucky drivers. Driver status, license expiration, driving restrictions, and traffic violations will be contained on the record. Cost: $5.00.
If you have questions, call 502-564-6800
Posted: January 13, 2015
This position reports to the Director of Operations and is responsible for operating transit coach safely and timely over scheduled routes.
An individual must have a high school diploma or equivalent. Must have good driving record. Good public relation skills are needed. Must have ability to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver License. Must pass a USDOT physical exam and drug screen.
All inquiries should be addressed to Geri Davidson, Director of Human Resources.
Those interested in applying for this position should submit an application to:
Lextran Personnel Dept
200 West Loudon Avenue
Lexington, KY 40508
Posted: July 18, 2016
The primary responsibility of the Maintenance Manager is to manage and oversee the daily activities of the maintenance department to ensure a safe, efficient and productive workplace. The Maintenance Manager works with and in support of the Director of Maintenance to coordinate work within the Maintenance department and for the Operations and Administrative departments. The Maintenance Manager monitors work tasks to ensure safety and so that all city, state, regional, and federal guidelines and regulations are met or exceeded.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
· Ensures that Maintenance Supervisors have properly scheduled Work Orders and Preventative Maintenance Inspections and that necessary parts and equipment are available
· Supports Maintenance Supervisors in responding to Road Calls and ensuring fleet is ready for service
· Monitors and updates the fleet management software for fuel, oil, and fluid consumption to determine preventative maintenance service schedule for revenue and non-revenue vehicles
· Coordinates and schedules vendor repair requirements on and off property and original equipment manufacturer (OEM) supplier
· Tracks, maintains, and verifies in the fleet management software: repairs; warranty issues (fleet and equipment components); accident reports; wheel/tire inventory
· Coordinates with Parts Manager to ensure inventory for critical fleet maintenance demands
· Supports vendor and contractor relationships for fleet requirements
· Implements department campaign projects with appropriate recording and record keeping, especially for warranties, safety recalls, maintenance bulletins, OEM service, etc.
· Generates labor productivity reports to determine trends or shortcomings and work with Director of Maintenance to develop solutions for issues
· Obtains data and documents for monthly/quarterly/annual reports including, but not limited to, safety, risk management, environmental, fluid and material consumption
· Supports Training staff on maintenance procedures for Coach Operators, e.g. (‘10-31’ or Road Call)
· Oversees purchase requisitions and process for maintenance related items
· In the absence and with direction from the Director of Maintenance, the Maintenance Manager is responsible for, and has management of, all duties of the Director of Maintenance.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
· Establishes effective communication methods and practices for staff on all shifts to assure effective functioning of the department
· Issues employee discipline and corrective actions
· With the Director of Maintenance, coordinates scheduling of work, especially for weekend, holiday and/or overtime work assignments.
· Understands and complies with Collective Bargaining Agreement.
· Seeks opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and strengthen customer relationships.
· Assists with identifying areas for improvement and making constructive changes.
· Understands all aspects of the company and keeps abreast of all changing policies and procedures.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Communicates effectively (orally and written).
· Possesses strong analytical, organizational, and detail oriented skills.
· Demonstrates ability to work on a team.
· Proven ability to maintain confidentiality of company and customer records.
· Exhibits credibility, flexibility, and adaptability.
· Demonstrates capability to strategically plan ahead to meet deadlines and future company needs.
· Three (3) years management or supervisory experience.
· Five to seven (5-7) years heavy trucks or equipment maintenance experience
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
· Bachelors or Associates Degree in Business Management or Administration preferred
· High School diploma, or equivalent or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
· Possesses valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and reliable transportation
· Ability to obtain and maintain a Commercial Drivers License
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS ESSENTIAL TO PERFORM THE DUTIES OF THE JOB
· Frequently communicates with employees and customers in person, on the telephone, and on the computer to provide assistance
· Frequently walks and or stands
· Occasionally remains in a sitting position at a desk
· Frequently uses the computer with fingers and hands.
· Frequently exposed to outside elements of extreme heat and cold.
· Occasionally drives motor vehicle.
· Frequently exposed to fumes, odors, hazardous materials, dirt and dust.
· Occasionally lifts objects weighing up to fifty (50) pounds when moving supplies.
· May be required to stoop, bend, or kneel.
200 West Loudon Avenue
Lexington, KY 40508
We provide great transit service and help build meaningful careers.
At Lextran, you will find a dedicated group of employees who are committed to serving our riders and meeting the needs of our community. We are looking for ways to advance our organization, to increase our market share and be a leader in sustainable business practices.
Lextran is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V/SO
About the Job
The primary responsibility of the Director of Maintenance is to manage and oversee all aspects of the Maintenance Department to ensure a safe, efficient and productive workplace. The Director of Maintenance oversees a staff of 40, including mechanics, service workers, utility workers, electronics technicians, facilities and parts staff. Employees are represented by the Amalgamated Transit Union as well as at-will, administrative employees. The Director of Maintenance ensures that the highest degree of safety practices are being followed and that all local, state and federal regulations are met or exceeded. Salary commensurate with local area pay and experience.
Full job description is available here.
How to Apply:
Please submit the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Director of Maintenance’ in the subject line:
1. Cover Letter to the attention of Carrie Butler, General Manager
2. Current Resume (with no typos!)
3. Writing, report or presentation sample