May 7, 2020
We are now several weeks into the COVID-19 pandemic. Many things have changed since March, and Lextran would like to remind passengers and the community on the best ways to keep everyone safe when using the service.
- Only use Lextran for ESSENTIAL trips. All passengers should be avoiding non-essential travel.
- We are strongly encouraging passengers wear masks or facial coverings while on board or at Lextran facilities if they are able. Here is some more information from the CDC on masks and how to easily make them at home.
- Please heed the instructions of the “seat unavailable” signs on board the buses. These seats are to remain unoccupied in order to create more social distance between passengers.
- There are still capacity limits on buses. Some buses can hold more passengers than others. The driver’s are aware of the proper capacity limits based on the type of bus they are operating.
- Follow the directives from the CDC found here on how to protect yourselves and others from the spread of COVID-19.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms listed here please refrain from riding Lextran and contact your health care provider.
- Service reductions/suspensions are still in place and can be found here.
- Fare will continue to be waived until further notice. Once fare is to be collected again the public will be given proper notice in order to secure passes before that date.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of social distance between yourself and others at Lextran facilities and on board when possible.
Our top priority has always been the safety of our passengers, employees, and community. By following these steps and procedures we can help protect one another and keep everyone safe.